Manage and maximize your assets while minimizing risk with advisement from experience.
Colorado’s Premier Business Lawyers
Do not go at it alone if you want to purchase or sell a business. We help our clients structure business purchases and help with the sale of various small business enterprises.
We want to ensure your endeavor succeeds, and our attorneys here at Baker Law Group can provide cost-effective, detail-oriented counsel in all matters involving business purchasing and selling.
Buying a Business
Rather than starting a business, you may want to buy an existing or franchise or business.
There are issues to consider when buying a business, which includes:
- Protecting the revenue streams of the business, if the current revenue the business you are buying is a key factor in why you want to purchase the business
- Licensing and permits
- Confidentiality agreements
- Zoning requirements
- Business financial statements and past tax returns of the business
- Business records, loans, security agreements, governing documents and contracts
- Sales contract
- Employee contracts
- Any former business liabilities and specification of current assets to be transferred
- Any business restructuring
Having a Colorado business lawyer handle all the legal aspects of your business purchase can ensure your acquisition goes smoothly. Baker Law Group’s business attorneys are experienced and can protect you with the various aspects and pitfalls of purchasing a business in Colorado.
Selling a Business
Selling your business is complex and requires expert preparation to get the highest return on your investment.
Items to consider before listing or selling your business are:
- Make sure your financial and legal records are in order
- Have accurate and detailed Return on Assets (ROA) for a prospective buyer
- Fix any unresolved governance and contractual related to the assets and liabilities of the business
- Consider options and alternatives to an outright sale
- Have a value of intangible goodwill documented
- Have a skilled lawyer to negotiate the best deal and maximize proceeds from the sale.
Our Denver business attorneys can expertly help you cash out of your business. If you want the sale of your business to be profitable. If you are selling your business, the business’ assets, or selling shares or interests of your corporation or LLC, consulting with a business attorney will ensure you are putting yourself in the best position to negotiate and execute the best deal possible.
Contact A Colorado Business Lawyer Today
If you decide to purchase or sell a business in Colorado, contact our Denver business lawyers immediately for experienced and dedicated counsel to help you steer the complex legal field of buying and selling businesses. Our Colorado business lawyers will guide you every step of the way.